1. The school is open to all students irrespective of regional, religious and linguistic differences.
2. Students seeking admission to senior secondary classes for any academic year should have their names registered before the end of March.
3. Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Multiple applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
4. The name in the application form must be the same as registered in Class X.
5. The fee must be submitted through Demand Draft in favour of Principal, Placid Vidya Vihar payable at Chethipuzha / Changanacherry for Rs.500/-. Applicant’s name & contact Number to be written at the back side of the Demand Draft. Avoid stapling of Demand Draft to the application form, instead use clips.
6. The following documents must be submitted along with the Confirmation Page (ONLINE APPLICATION)
a. Copy of the SA-1 report book of Class X ( CBSE) or Copy of the 2nd Term examination mark list of class X (Other Syllabus)
b. Copy of the Birth Certificate / Passport
c. Self-addressed stamped cover
d. Demand Draft
7. The following documents must be submitted along with the Confirmation Page (OFFLINE APPLICATION)
a. Application Form
b. Call Letter
c. Copy of the SA-1 report book of Class X ( CBSE) or Copy of the 2nd Term examination mark list of class X (Other Syllabus)
e. Copy of the Birth Certificate / Passport
f. Self-addressed stamped cover
g. Demand Draft
8. The Confirmation Page and other documents must reach the office by registered/speed post to the Principal Placid Vidya Vihar Sr. Sec. School, Kurisummoodu P.O, Chethipuzha, Changanasserry, Kerala -686104.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
SCIENCE STREAM – Performance in the Class X Board Exam, Aptitude Test and Personal Interview.
COMMERCE STREAM – Performance in the Class X Board Exam, Aptitude Test and Personal Interview
1. The science stream candidates will be selected on the basic of Board examination marks and marks obtained in the objective type aptitude test conducted by the school based on the syllabus they have learned in Std. X.
2. The subjects for the tests are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for Stream I (PCMB) and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for Stream II (PCMC).
3. A Candidate has to answer a total of 90 objective type questions. Each correct answer carries 4 marks, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Distribution of questions for science stream is Mathematics -25, Physics – 25, Chemistry -25 and Mental ability 15.
4. The candidates to the Commerce Stream will be selected on the basic of Board examination marks and marks obtained in the aptitude test based on the lessons they have learned in Std. X. The subjects for the tests are Mathematics, Social Studies, English and General awareness in Commerce.
5. Students opting Commerce with maths will have to score a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics of the Aptitude Test.
6. The examination will be held at Placid Vidya Vihar Sr. Sec. School, Chethipuzha. Students are requested to report at the venue 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Students late by more than 15 minutes after the commencement of the examination will not be permitted to enter the examination hall. Call letters must be produced at the time of the test.
7. The decision of Entrance Committee will be final and binding.
APTITUDE TEST RESULT
Result of the Aptitude test will be published on the next day of the test. Selected Candidates must submit the internet copy of the mark list of the board exam to the school office, on the same day of the publication of result.
Short listed candidates will have to appear for an interview before the Principal on a specified day. At the time of interview the candidate must be accompanied by his/her parents with the documents listed below.
a) Attested copy of the mark list of the qualifying examination.
b) Transfer Certificate in original.
c) Conduct certificate obtained from the institution last attended